- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Entry Standards Entry Standards
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University.Read more 385
- Student-Staff Ratio 21.1
- Research Quality Research Quality
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more 2.67
- Academic Services Spend Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more 1, 256
- Student Satisfaction Student Satisfaction
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more 3.98
- Facilities Spend Facilities Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more 292
- Graduate Prospects Graduate Prospects
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more 70.1
- Degree Completion Degree Completion
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more 83.3
- Good Honours Good Honours
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more 73.0
- Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU), the University for the Common Good, has a distinct and defining mission to deliver social benefit at home and overseas through education, research and social innovation.
- Our heritage dates back to 1875 through its founding institutions and GCU was established as a university in 1993.
- We have campuses in the heart of Glasgow, London and New York.
- GCU delivers academic excellence to 20, 000 students at home and overseas
- Our Chancellor is Nobel Peace Prize winner and global anti-poverty campaigner Professor Muhammad Yunus.
- GCU’s London campus attracts postgraduate students from across the world. It is home to the GCU British School of Fashion, supported by leading academics and honorary professors, some of whom lead global fashion brands.
- GCU is a sector leader in widening access. Initiatives include the award-winning Caledonian Club which works has worked with more than 11, 000 children and their families in Glasgow and London to inspire academic ambition.
- The Glasgow campus has been transformed by a £30m redevelopment to create new social, learning and teaching facilities that have enhanced the student and staff experience even further.
- GCU has high employment rates with 95% of graduates in employment or continuing education six months after graduation (Destination of Leavers of Higher Education data).
- GCU is a signatory to the UN Global Compact, the world’s largest voluntary corporate responsibility management programme. It is an Ashoka U Changemaker Campus in recognition of its leadership role in social innovation education.
- GCU is the first university in Scotland to achieve accreditation by the Living Wage Foundation and has signed the Scottish Business Pledge, a voluntary code established by the Scottish Government that supports fair and sustainable policies to boost productivity and increase diversity.
- Students benefit from a range of volunteering and work placement opportunities at home and overseas.
Location and Transport
- Campuses in Glasgow, London and New York.
- The Glasgow campus has excellent travel links – 100 metres from Buchanan Bus Station and walking distance to Central and Queen Street rail stations. Close to Glasgow International Airport.
- The London campus is in Spitalfields, with easy access to train, tube and bus services.
- Entry requirements vary depending on course.
- Flexible entry points included.
The 16, 930 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 83%
- Postgraduate 17%
Mode of study
- Full Time 80%
- Part Time 20%
- Direct entry to many degree programmes for students completing qualifications at colleges. GCU has articulation agreements with colleges across Scotland.
- Second year entry to selected programmes for students with the required number of A level/Advanced Higher qualifications.
- INTO GCU offers international students professionally accredited programmes in a dedicated on-campus centre in preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate study in the UK.
- GCU equips students with the real-world experience and skills to succeed as global graduates.
- Many students at GCU undertake placements, internships or take a year out to work in industry before completing their degree.