- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Entry Standards Entry Standards
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the University.Read more 305
- Student-Staff Ratio 16.7
- Research Quality Research Quality
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the University.Read more 2.59
- Academic Services Spend Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more 1, 053
- Student Satisfaction Student Satisfaction
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more 4.15
- Facilities Spend Facilities Spend
A guide to how much the University spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more 729
- Graduate Prospects Graduate Prospects
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the University.Read more 66.3
- Degree Completion Degree Completion
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the University.Read more 85.8
- Good Honours Good Honours
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more 71.4
- The university originally dates from 1843 when the Nottingham Government School of Design was opened.
- In 1992 Nottingham Trent University was launched.
- In 2008 Nottingham Trent University was voted the top post-1992 university by the Complete University Guide. Sir Michael Parkinson was appointed as NTU's first chancellor.
- In 2010 the university opened the regenerated Newton and Arkwright buildings providing an outstanding new learning environment in the heart of the City site.
- In 2013 Nottingham Trent University opened the brand new Students’ Union, one of the best in the UK, offering excellent social and sporting facilities to students and staff.
- NTU is transforming its learning and teaching environment to create an inspiring and innovative culture, capable of shaping lives and society well into the 21st century.
Location and Transport
- Nottingham is a city in the county of Nottinghamshire. It is located in the East Midlands, in the heart of England, and is considered to be the largest city in the region. With its central placing, it is an ideal location for those wishing to visit other cities in the UK during their time of study
- A designated UNESCO City of Literature due to its rich literary history, Nottingham has a diverse writing community. In 2015, the city was also named as England's official Home of Sport following a campaign by tourism body VisitEngland.
- Nottingham is well served by transport links, with rapid access to the motorway system, a major railway station, an airport and a coach station. No matter where you live in the UK or overseas, you're never too far from home.
- The award-winning Go2 Uni 4 bus service linking our City and Clifton campuses runs every 7 minutes during term time. This bus service in Nottingham and proudly carries the NTU logo and name.
- Further bus services provide easy access to the city from the Brackenhurst campus.
- NTU offers a wide course portfolio whether you want to study for your degree / qualification full-time or part-time.
- NTU courses are informed by businesses and industry; and we have strong commercial partnerships with over 6, 000 companies globally. This means that NTU students develop the transferable skills and work experience necessary to give them a head start in the job market. Over 93% of our graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (Latest DLHE undergraduate survey results 2013–14).
- NTU courses are designed with industry leaders to meet the needs of the graduate employment market. Unlike many other universities, we don’t just tailor our courses to suit the market now; you’ll be studying for the jobs of the future. Even our traditional academic subjects will encourage you to recognise your transferable skills and their application to many careers. Consequently, our graduates occupy senior positions in companies all over the world including Microsoft, Tesco, HSBC, Rolls-Royce, the BBC and many others.
- Please use our course search for specific entry requirements.
The 26, 890 students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Level of study
- Undergraduate 81%
- Postgraduate 19%
Mode of study
- Full Time 84%
- Part Time 16%
- NTU provides a strong course portfolio at all levels from Foundation through to PhD.
- Part-time study is available. You can choose to study for three or four years on many courses, allowing for a placement year in industry.
- Joint Honours degrees allow flexibility of choice across a range of subjects.
- Visit our website for more details of courses at Nottingham Trent.
- Nottingham Trent University has achieved an outstanding top twenty ranking for its Teaching Quality.
- Many of our courses have received accreditations and direct input to their design and content from a range of professional bodies that recognise the quality of our teaching and research.
- Nottingham Trent University's research has earned the university a Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2015 – the highest national honour for a UK university. Pioneering projects to improve weapons and explosives detection in luggage, enable safer production of powdered infant formula, and combat food fraud, led to the prestigious award.
We’re experts in our field