Student Finance England Helpline

October 27, 2015

Who is responsible for Designated Courses

The Department has now published the final guidance on the new specific course designation process, 'Alternative Providers: Specific Course Designation, Guidance for Providers: Criteria and Conditions'. It is available at:
All providers wishing to make specific designation applications for new courses starting from September 2013 will be required to apply through the new process.

Existing providers and those that are interested in applying for specific course designation should register with HEFCE at: You will then be notified when the
application windows open and will receive reminders of key deadlines and other relevant information.

Who to contact

If you would like to make an application for the specific designation of courses you should, in the first instance, contact HEFCE directly;

Share this Post