With a MEFA Education Refinancing Loan, you can combine your existing student debt into one loan that’s easy to manage.
Who Is Eligible
To be eligible for a MEFA Education Refinancing Loan, you must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have no history of default on an education loan
- Have no history of bankruptcy or foreclosure in the past 60 months
- Be a signer on all loans being refinanced
Which Loans are Eligible
You may refinance any loan that:
- Is a federal or private education loan, including Federal Direct Undergraduate Loans, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, and Graduate PLUS Loans
- Is in repayment and current at the time of your refinance application
- Is not in a grace period, deferment, or forbearance
- Was used to fund an education at an eligible college or university (as defined by MEFA)
You must have a minimum of $10, 000 in education loan debt to refinance your loans.
Keep in mind that refinancing a federal student loan will cause you to forfeit certain benefits for which you may be eligible that only federal loans offer. Learn more
How to Apply
Applying for a MEFA Education Refinancing Loan is easy and free, and takes just a few minutes for pre-approval.
1. Click the green button below to complete our online application and get an instant credit decision.
2. After receiving pre-approval, upload the requested documents to verify your income and current loan details, including a from each of your current lenders.
3. After final approval, select between a fixed or variable interest rate.