Base: Ilkeston and across sites
Contract Type: Support
Holidays: 20 per year subject to service increases
Salary: £19, 164 per annum
To develop and maintain efficient and effective sales ledger and credit control procedures for the collection of student loans and for all subsidiary companies.
- Maintain an efficient and effective student loan; credit control and sales ledger function including the management of effective debt collection processes to minimise any losses to the organisation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the Student loan process, ensuring all applications are completed and funds drawn down. Liaising with the Student Loans Company; internal College colleagues and individual learners to ensure all processes are timely and accurately recorded and income received.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely invoicing and collection of all pro-forma amounts and debts by subsidiary companies through regular meetings with relevant colleagues.
- Maintenance of associated Sales Ledger systems within Open Accounts and other systems.
- Management of the integration process between the student records (EBS System) and finance systems.
- Management of the direct debit process associated with the college for student loans and for subsidiary companies.
- Reconciliation of receipts to till records and credit card transactions.
- Post and allocate sales ledger receipts
- Cover for all areas of the sales ledger and credit control function as required.
- Flexibility to travel between sites to provide customer service to internal customers .
- To comply with and promote the College financial regulations and procedures
- To provide a professional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as necessary.
- To comply with Equal Opportunities policies and to assist in the development of Equal Opportunities.
- To comply with all Health & Safety, Child Protection & Safeguarding, Risk Management policy and legislation in the performance of the duties of the post
- To take reasonable care of your own health, safety and welfare and that of any other person who may be affected by your actions or omissions whilst at work. You are also required to co-operate with the College to enable it to fulfil its legal obligations. Appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision will be provided to enable you to perform your duties in a manner that is deemed safe and without risk to health.
- To comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
- To adhere to the College’s Computer Network Acceptable Use Policy.
- To undertake risk assessments for any new activity and to ensure risk assessment checks are carried out for any on-going activity.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Credit Control and Debt Collection
- Able to work on own initiative to achieve efficient and effective provision
- Computerised accounting systems
- Financial environment
- Data management
- Banking Processes
- Enthusiastic and Proactive
- Honest Flexible and Reliable
- Student loans administration experience
- Working in Educational environment
- Credit Control/Sales Ledger and Cashier Functions
- Debt Collection processes and procedures
- Financial Accounting Systems
- Student loans administration
- EBS student record software
- Level 2 Maths
- Level 2 English
- Level 2 Customer Service- or equivalent (or willing to work towards)
Proactive individual required to develop and maintain efficient and effective sales ledger and credit control procedures for the collection of student loans and for all subsidiary companies. Strong credit control experience and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this exciting opportunity.
In addition to an exciting new career, with one of the most visionary, innovative and successful Education Groups, staff are also eligible for a number of benefits including a comprehensive Professional Development programme, discounts and incentives, and a Health & Wellbeing service.