Student loan repayment Contact Manchester

January 29, 2017
Manchester Community College

Your financial aid award should appear on your tuition bill either as an actual credit or as a pending item (anticipated credit). If the expected aid is not shown, please check for any outstanding financial aid requirements on Blackboard/MyUNH or contact the UNH Financial Aid Department directly.

Promissory Notes

A promissory note must be signed by the borrower before a loan is disbursed to a student account. A promissory note is a contract between a borrower and a lender that includes all the terms and conditions under which the borrower promises to repay the loan.

The Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note can be completed electronically at the U.S. Department of Education web site. For information on Direct Stafford loans, please contact the UNH Financial Aid Department.

Direct Parent PLUS Loans and Direct Grad PLUS Loans - Both parent and grad PLUS loans are part of the Federal Direct Loan Program. Begin your application and sign your promissory note at the US Department of Education web site.

Perkins Master Promissory Note - Please follow the instructions on our Perkins Loan Requirements page.

Alternative Loans - Alternative Loan applications must be completed and promissory notes returned to your lender by early August in order for proper credit to appear on the student account.

Entrance Counseling

Important!! First time UNH borrowers must complete entrance counseling before Stafford or Perkins loans will disburse to student accounts. For more information visit the Loan Requirements page.

Disbursement of Aid

Most loans and grants are split over the academic year: half toward fall and half toward spring. This means, for example, that a $1, 000 loan will be applied in equal $500 payments each semester. Students and families borrowing alternative or PLUS loans intending that they be applied other than half-fall/half-spring should specify on their loan applications.

College Work Study

Work-study funds are not applied to the student's account. These funds are paid biweekly through a paycheck to the student throughout the semester based on the number of hours worked in a work-study position.

Non-University Scholarships

Non-university scholarships are those that come from an outside organization (scholarships that are not issued by the University).

Students who have received non-University scholarship awards should notify UNH as soon as possible. Send both scholarship award letter (as soon as it is received) and scholarship check (once it arrives) to:

UNH Business Services
Attention: Non-University Scholarships
Stoke Hall
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

If the check is made out to the student, it should be endorsed with the following statement: "Pay to the Order of UNH, " then the student's signature.


  • To ensure proper credit, please do not send scholarship checks with regular student account payments to our Manchester, NH address.
  • Scholarships will be shown as pending credits on the student's bill once proper documentation has been received at UNH Business Services.
  • If your scholarship award is contingent upon grades and will not be paid to the University until the end of the semester, you may not deduct the scholarship amount from your tuition payment. When the check is paid to the University, a refund will be issued to you for any overpayment on your account.

Company/Agency Sponsorship

Students receiving sponsorship by government agencies, ROTC, school districts, companies or other third parties should forward notices, bill authorizations or other evidence of the sponsorships on official letterhead to:

UNH Business Services
Attention: Third-Party Billing
Stoke Hall
11 Garrison Avenue
Durham, NH 03824

Non-University sponsorships must be pre-approved by the UNH Credit Department. Sponsorships that specify completion of coursework prior to payment are not accepted. If a company or agency has a reimbursement-to-student policy, the student is responsible for paying the total charges to UNH at the time of registration.

Students with company / agency sponsorship should be aware and have agreed that the University will release relevant student account information to the sponsorship provider.

Share this Post